Division 1 under 12s

Division 1 under 12s

Postby loudcurtis on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:02 pm

So it comes down to a few games left , with all to play for between the top 4 , Welbeck early leaders due to games played , whaley always consistent and Buxton who have gone on a good run are coming up nicely on the inside to possibly take the honours but have a difficult run in and Tansley who until recenly were undefeated . So like I said all to play for ,
I WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL THE TEAMS INVOLVED GOOD LUCK
loudcurtis

Re: Division 1 under 12s

Postby ianw on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Just to echo that the standard, competiveness and quality in under 12 div 1 this year must have been very rare in RDYL history to have 6 of the 8 teams so evenly matched must be very unusual at junior level. We at Wingerworth have played very well in parts in the last 2 weeks against Whaley and Buxton and got smashed, we can't even draw a game and we have some good players playing well week after week.

Against Whaley the goalkeeper is phenomenal he can kick the ball better than most men both in distance and accuracy, Buxton the way the 2 full backs got involved and were so confident in the play was unbelievable for 11/12 year old's and both teams were so disciplined in working for each other and went in hard but fair and always for the ball. You at Welbeck and Tansley have some exciting individuals who can produce real quality play. Matlock and Selston are also good quality organised teams.

Well done to all the players and coaches to have given such good entertainment and next year promises to be even more competitive with Buxton Dragons coming in although unfortunately it looks like we will not be there.
ianw

Postby boardingdoc on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:36 pm

i would like to echo those comments. jon and i talked last year what a good standard the teams were and what a competitive league it would be with all teams taking points off each other. again this year the league has produced some great football and again a very level standard. we played wingerworth rowdies last weekend and played very well in parts but towards the end were made to hang on as time ran out. the other pleasing note for us two, is the friendliness between the managers/coaches and the sincerity shown after the game when managers give the opposing boys words of praise or encouragement. with just a few games to go the league could turn out any number of ways. good luck to all.
boardingdoc

Postby wazzowl on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:10 pm

We at Whaley would also like to say what an enjoyable season it as been this year. Every game as been very competitive and the majority of them good natured and friendly. Most of our games could have gone either way and the boys have kept us on the edge of our seats till the end of the match on more than one occasion. It as been a pleasure to watch the games, particularly our 2 meetings with Buxton which have been excellent matches. As always the games against Welbeck have been a disappointment, with constant arguments amongst the players, parents and management (only joking Kev :D). Every team can be proud of themselves and no matter who wins the league this year I am sure next year will be just as competitive. Well done to all the boys
wazzowl

Postby boardingdoc on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Well done to welbeck today. both teams needing a win to have any chance of silverware played in a competitive attractive way with welbeck running out winners.
once again the standard this year has been excellent.
good luck to both sides in the final, it should be an excellent game which hopefully some of our lads will get to watch, as it is usually May bank hol.
look forward to the games next year. ;)
boardingdoc

Postby Selston FC on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:04 pm

I have to say that I really agree with the comments on this thread. The standard of football from the teams in division 1 this season is beyond anything I have seen in recent years as a manager.
Some clubs will tell you that Sunday football isn't as good a standard as Saturday's, but this is not the case at all...!!
The managers in division 1 this season should be really proud of the standard of football their squads have provided for the parents and general spectators alike.
I hope it's just as competetive next season.

Simon
Selston FC
Selston FC

Postby boardingdoc on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 pm

played a great game against selston again today with a great overhead kick at the end the only difference between the teams.
well done to all the teams this year. the lads have progressed well and look forward to next year.
Congratulations to the league winners and good luck to cup finalists ;)
boardingdoc

Postby ianw on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Welbeck are champions so congratulations to them, result from Friday not come up yet Wingerworth Rowdies 4 Tansley 4, if there has been a more exciting game of junior football this year then I would have liked to have seen it.

To be fair to Tansley they produced football in the first 20 minutes on a higher level than anything I have seen this season and when all looked lost behind in the last minute they still dug in to find an equaliser. For our lads though they were really up for the battle and from 20 minutes on at 2-0 down produced fast, accurate attacking football as good as anybody could and probably deserved the win in the end for the sustained nature of it.

Great standard this year two points separating top 4 says it all as to how evenly matched those teams are. The lads in those teams all deserve something in terms of medals for the effort and quality they have put in and for sure you can say at least in the second part of the season there were 7 quality teams competing.
ianw

Postby loudcurtis on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 am

Many thanks to all teams involved in this league , for taking it down to the wire . Who would have believed we could have won the league !!!! especially after our first game,, when we got hammered 8 - 0 by matlock . I would like to say it could have gone either way regarding as too who won the league , and all the teams in this league are pretty much equal , and any team on their day will give you a good game ... On a personal note we all want to win,,, but I would like to say how its not all about the silverware but the kids developing as players and actually playing for enjoyment and playing with a smile on their faces

many thanks kev@welbeck
loudcurtis

Return to Under 12 Team's Forum